Saturday 9 March 2013

WA State Election 2013

Polling Place Collie WA



As always, I'm never complacent about exercising my democratic right as a citizen of Australia.

I love everything about this process including following the election night program on the ABC with all the political analysis that occurs, lead by Antony Green and Kerry O'Brien + politicians from of various parties.

This is likely going to be a very close call in this seat of Collie-Preston between two local candidates: both of whom will be good members I reckon.

State wide, I believe that the Liberal Party will be returned to government.

Conversations with people lead me to believe that people I considered to usually vote Labor, may well vote for the Liberal candidate.

I'm curious about the process that takes place for people.
Anecdotally it seems that some people vote along traditional party lines; others vote according to what they see is best for them and their interests; others consider the philosophical and broader picture and impact; whilst some people may not care.

Today I voted both with my head and heart.

I voted for the local Labor candidate Mick Murray and for the Greens - Giz Watson & Hsien Harper in the Legislative Council.

~ the personal is the political ... as is the professional for me as a social worker ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages