Tuesday 2 April 2013

Faith & Love - QandA - ABC Easter Monday

What a joy to watch the ABC's Q and A last night.

Watch it if you can.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/qanda/

No politicians! Simply a diverse array of panellists who identified as: atheist, Jewish, Catholic, Buddhist, gay, Muslim.

The two stand-out people for me were the Venerable Robina Courtin & Islamic Cleric Dr Mohamad Abdalla. 

Deborah Conway & Josh Thomas & the Archbishop Mark Coleridge contributed well.

Archbishop Mark Coleridge was going well.  I thought here's a priest who with contemporary views ... until he stumbled and fell when a question from the floor asked ...

"Archbishop, you touched briefly about marriage, we are talking about a socio-legal thing here, I’m not asking for you to ordain over my marriage, for example, but why should your beliefs impact on my ability to be taken in front of a justice and for them to preside over my marriage?"

Archbishop Coleridge's response disappointed, but did not surprise me.

See the link to article by Robina Courtin.

Becoming our own therapist: Buddhist perspectives on attachment and delusion


http://www.abc.net.au/religion/articles/2013/04/01/3727423


No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages