Wednesday 2 January 2013

twitter and tweeting


I've recently been exploring twitter, after previously dismissing it as a waste of time ... without trying it! 

What I've discovered, is instant access to a wealth of views and opinions of people and organisations I'm interested in.  I see it as yet another useful technology that can provide access to many areas & issues. It is a great tool for uncovering and/or discovering links to myriad rich information and resources. As a social worker that's important for me.

Right now I'm following 53 people/organisations; these are diverse and include: Michael Moore, Stephen Fry, Tanya Plibersek, Penny Wong, Phillip Adams, Paul Kelly, Bruce Springsteen, Geraldine Doogue, Billy Bragg, Jane Hutcheon, GetUp!, Australian Marriage Equality, Doctors w/o borders, Bravehearts Inc, New York Times, The Guardian, Rural Mental Health, UNICEF, WHO, National Rural Women's Coalition, Creative Arts Practice, Mental Health Australia, RFWA, ANZ Mental Health Association, beyondblue,  West Coast Eagles, Lonely Planet, Dalai Lama, Bob Brown Foundation,  ABC Q&A.

Simply go to: http://twitter.com/ and you'll be directed to Sign in to Twitter. 

My twitter address is: @LanieP

One of my favourite tweeters right now is Michael Moore; I'm interested in his ongoing campaign to facilitate change to the gun laws in the USA. I've been interested in MM as a documentary maker for a long time.


I found this quote in his new book and it really resonated with me.

Growing up it all seems so one-sided
Opinions all provided
The future pre-decided
Detached and subdivided
In the mass production zone
Nowhere is the dreamer or the misfit ... so alone

“Subdivisions”  Rush / Neil Peart



lanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages